Pioneer Community Bank was chartered on December 31, 1930 as The Bank of Iaeger and began operations on August 26, 1931. It has operated continuously in McDowell County since its inception. In 1999 the bank gained approval to change its name to Pioneer Community Bank a subsidiary of Pioneer Community Group, Inc. At the present Pioneer Community Bank operates its main office on 5229 Coal Heritage Rd. in Iaeger, WV and four full service branch banking facilities located in Sophia, War, and Welch, WV
Since its inception, the bank’s primary mission has been to serve the banking needs of its communities. This scope includes McDowell, Raleigh and all contiguous counties. It is this basic mission that continues to be the driving force behind the bank today.
The customers should always come first at Pioneer Community Bank. Listening and reacting to our customers’ needs and request is a key goal. Products and services will be developed in response to the needs of the customers’ and community and will be provided on a fair and equitable basis. This enables us to be a part of our customers’ and communities’ long-term growth and success. We will expand our niche as a community bank that cares about service and is willing to work with our customers’ and community.